What we do
We place part-time or as-needed clinical pharmacists within the physician’s practice to work individually with selected patients to perform comprehensive medication management of chronic conditions.
We help patients meet their health goals, free up doctors to focus on other tasks, and we help patients save money and doctors to improve their reimbursement rates from 3rd parties. We call this an in-house consulting pharmacy service.
Comprehensive medication management by pharmacists:
- Comprehensive medication review and documentation of current medications (including transition of care)
- Ensure patient receiving appropriate immunizations and medications per diagnoses (i.e. screen omissions, duplications, de-prescribing)
- Monitor renal function and recommend dose adjustments
- Identify and resolve drug interactions and side effects
- Ensure appropriate medication therapy monitoring
- Pharmacogenomic consults and therapy adjustments
- Instruct patient on proper medication administration technique and timing
- Minimize usage of high-risk medications in elderly patients and recommend alternatives
- Review, recommend, and adjust OTC medications and supplements Identify and resolve compliance issues:
• Compliance aids and refill reminder programs
• Refill synchronization programs
• Recommend less costly medication alternatives
- Educate and support the patient and their caregivers
- Answer any medication-related questions or concerns of patients or caregivers
- Assistance with insurance Prior Authorizations
During her tenure at Cedars Sinai Medical Center (1997-2006), Dr. Goldshtein achieved the status of Clinical Pharmacist III and was involved in training numerous health care practitioners (including physicians, pharmacists, and nurses) in the art and science of medication use.