Comprehensive medication management by pharmacists:
- Comprehensive medication review and documentation of current medications (including
of care) transition
- Ensure patient receiving appropriate immunizations and medications per diagnoses (i.e. omissions, duplications, de-prescribing)
- Monitor renal function and recommend dose adjustments
- Identify and resolve drug interactions and side effects
- Ensure appropriate medication therapy monitoring
- Pharmacogenomic consults and therapy adjustments
- Instruct patient on proper medication administration technique and timing
- Minimize usage of high-risk medications in elderly patients and recommend alternatives
and adjust OTC medications and supplements recommend,
- Identify and resolve compliance issues:
o Compliance aids and refill reminder programs
o Refill synchronization programs
o Recommend less costly medication alternatives
- Educate and support the patient and their caregivers
- Answer any medication-related questions or concerns of patients or caregivers
- Assistance with insurance Prior Authorizations
Licensed in California as Registered Pharmacist (RPh #49705) and Advanced Practice Pharmacist (APh #10171)
Dr. Greta Goldshtein graduated from USC School of Pharmacy in 1997 and completed a Residency Program at the LAC+USC Hospital in 1998.
She is an Advanced Practice Pharmacist with over twenty years of clinical and practical experience in both the inpatient and outpatient settings.
During her tenure at Cedars Sinai Medical Center (1997-2006), Dr. Goldshtein achieved the status of Clinical Pharmacist III and was involved in training numerous health care practitioners (including physicians, pharmacists, and nurses) in the art and science of medication use.
In 2006, she went on to run Roxbury Pharmacy in Beverly Hills where she built a top-notch community pharmacy practice. Roxbury Pharmacy provided caring, professional, personalized service to patients including medication therapy management services, medication compliance and synchronization, automatic refills, immunizations, resolution of insurance problems, and many others. After leaving the pharmacy in 2018, Dr. Goldshtein turned her attention to new professional challenges including a consultative pharmacy practice.
*References and credentials available upon request
Shana Barkhordari, PharmD
Licensed in California as Registered Pharmacist (RPh License #79458)
Dr. Shana Barkhordari is a San Fernando Valley native. She attended UCLA for undergraduate studies, where she studied Psychology and Pre-Pharmacy. Shana’s love for pharmacy began when she became a pharmacy technician as a UCLA student. She continued her pharmacy education at Western University of Health Sciences, College of Pharmacy, where she immersed herself in a curriculum that emphasized interdisciplinary training.
As part of her pharmacy training, Shana completed rotations various settings, including health systems at Providence Tarzana Medical Center, internal medicine at Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital, inpatient psychiatry at Newport Bay Hospital, and ambulatory care at the Veterans Affairs Sepulveda Ambulatory Care Center to name a few. These opportunities allowed her to
Shana also completed an extensive advanced research project at Kaiser Permanente Panorama City, where she helped educate providers on appropriate prescribing practice and patients on improved compliance